Monday, March 29, 2010

Hot Dates

The air is frisky with Spring and it's making me woozy. It could also be the pollen. Or maybe it is the mating-ritual-laden series on Discovery, "LIFE." Whatever the reason, I'm feeling generous. After teasing my hubby for being a "nancy boy" on the Disney roller coaster (see video on "Is there Magic" entry), it is time to do a tribute to the man who still gives me the vapors. Danny, I loves ya.

A woman sat on my kitchen counter not long ago and found a note that Danny B had written to me. It was on the inside of the cabinet door on a post-it note and she sniffed it out. In a dumbfounded tone, she asked, "Do you still have sex with your husband?!" She was shocked and I realized it meant that she is not so hot for teacher anymore. As I look around, this issue is pretty common.

I get it, after a few years, the thrill is gone...unless you work at it. One of my bestest friends recently gave me inspiration. She encourged me to show up in a wig and trench coat for an airport visit to deliver various items to Dan as he scurried from one city to another. Although I didn't do it, it was a brilliant idea that I'll keep in my back pocket.

Ok, your partner bugs you, doesn't give enough, has changed since you met. But you're with this person and if you committed, you gotta work that skirt to keep the love alive. For my man's birthday, I sent him flowers, baked him whoopie pies, and took him out on a date. We write each other notes and text each other. I want hot dates until I'm 100.

Here is my HOT DATES appetizer that will make your love fawn all over you...I promise, it's the best and people rave about it. Watch the video>>>>>

HOT DATES RECIPE
24 dates
goat cheese
walnuts
bacon

Pit the dates, spread in the goat cheese, stuff in a walnut, wrap in bacon (seam-side down).
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes...broil a little longer if you need a little crispness.
Serve up those hot dates and watch your friends melt with happiness

3 comments:

  1. Cyndy, I love some hot dates too! Here is a variation that I make. Love them:
    2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and finely crumbled or 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto (we used the prosciutto)
    1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 cup Cambazola cheese or crumbled blue cheese
    1 3oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    2 tsp. dijon-style mustard
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    24 Madjool dates (about 16 oz. unpitted) **we used about 35**

    Preheat the oven to 350. In a medium bowl stir together the bacon or prosciutto, green onions and garlic. Add Cambozola or blue cheese, cream cheese, mustard and pepper to bacon mixture. Stir to combine.

    Using a knife, make a lengthwise slit in each date. Spread each date open slightly. Remove pits. fill each date with a rounded teaspoon of the bacon mixture. Place dates, filling side up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm ... Makes 24 or more...

    Each date has: 77cal., 2g total fat, 6 mg chol., 56 mg sodium, 14g carbo., 1g fiber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate. Love the recipe! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! Cannot Wait to make them this weekend. Thanks Sizz! xoRuth

    ReplyDelete